Asia Pacific’s largest mobile alliance group, Bridge Mobile Alliance welcomes CTM (Macau) as its ninth operator member, joining a network of top mobile operators across the region with a combined subscriber base of 100 million.
The alliance has been steadily expanding its membership base over the past 15 months, and currently has a total of eighteen alliance members, comprising nine leading mobile operator members in the region and nine global technology associate members:
• Operator members: Airtel (India), CSL (Hong Kong), CTM (Macau), Globe Telecom (Philippines),Mobile (Taiwan) and Telkomsel (Indonesia).
• Technology associate members: Ericsson, Gemalto, Hewlett Packard, LogicaCMG, Motorola,Nokia, QUALCOMM, Siemens and ZTE.
With CTM on board, the alliance can now extend its regional service presence and coverage to Macau, which is a popular tourist destination in Asia Pacific.
Dr. Patrick Sim, Chief Executive Officer, Bridge Mobile, says, “We are delighted to have CTM, who is Macau’s largest mobile operator, join the alliance. CTM’s excellent mobile coverage and customer service support will enable customers to enjoy the same seamless convenience and premium quality of service in Macau as they would in other Bridge Mobile Alliance member operator countries.”
Phil Green, Chief Executive Officer, CTM, says, “It is an honor for CTM to become an operator member of the Bridge Mobile Alliance. Through this alliance and shared platform, not only that member operators from several Asia Pacific countries can share experiences in technology development, but more importantly, we are able to understand what other technologies go hand in hand with the 3rd Generation network and what value added services can be developed to match this generation’s requirements. As an operator member of the alliance, CTM is able to leverage on the close collaboration with the alliance member operators to provide customers a comprehensive range of support services across the respective operator member’s network. We are looking forward to establish closer partnership with the fellow members to excel towards the ultimate objective of benefiting our customers from a seamless, fully integrated Asia Pacific telecommunications network.”
The following services are now available to Bridge Mobile Alliance member operators’ customers who roam in Macau on CTM’s network:
• Bridge Concierge, which provides free customer service support handset purchase and free IDD callback facility to home operator.
• The Bridge Concierge counter in Macau is located at the CTM shop in Largo do Senado. It joins an existing network of 39 Bridge Concierge counters located across eight countries in Asia to provide customer service support to customers who roam on the alliance’s member networks.
• Virtual home environment’ benefits which enable customers to conveniently use their home short codes while roaming to access their voicemail or call their home operator customer service. Other benefits include quality connection to GPRS, as well as being able to send MMS seamlessly back home or to other member operators’ networks.
• Bridge Enterprise, which provides one-stop convenience and procurement of regional mobile services for corporations with operations across Asia.
Likewise, customers of CTM will also get to enjoy the same suite of regional privileges when they roam with Bridge Mobile Alliance member networks overseas. Other Bridge Mobile Alliance services and promotions will be introduced to CTM customers in due course.